Sunday, April 4, 2010

IDEA POST: 4/1/10 Revisiting photos

So I have been really lost with my project. I feel pretty defeated and I was thinking I was going to shoot the whole project over again in the next week and a half to have something ready for print. But then i snapped myself out of that mind frame.

No my project is not working the way I want it to. and No I am not sure how to fix it at this point.

But despite all this uncertainty I have a plan. I find it completely ridiculous to discard all of the images I have already taken this semester. So i have been going back through my weekly production and my notes and finding the pictures that appeal to me the most. I am evaluating each one as a raw file, thinking about what my intentions where when I shot the images, and what I can do to turn the image into something new that can speak.

Time is such a complex thing when you get down to the details that I am now focusing on one phrase to move this work along. "In the blink of an eye." I like these words because they are commonly used in all different kinds of language; in books, movies, news television, etc. It is simple and to the point and I want to see if I can revolve my images around this phrase.

Hopefully I can pull this together with approval, shoot a few more images this weekend and have everything ready for printing and get this show on the road!

Here are some of the images I am revisiting:

No comments:

Post a Comment